Our statistics regarding altitude problems are increasing to 40% (Altitude Sickness), for those that are just exploring hight cities like Cusco, Titikaka Lake, or Bolivia. In the case of trekking routes that take us to Machu Picchu, the statistics go up to 75% and the trekking routes where they have to go over 4200 meters or 13800 feets above sea level.
Everyone could have altitude sicknesss in different proportions, because many of our visitors do not have a lot of time to prepare for. Also they do not have enough time during their vacation trip to make the gradual ascent in different heights places. So this idea of our hiking training plan start to contribute to the welfare of our visitors for a better experience with our trekking training program for altitude.
Inca Trail Preparation
KENKO ADENTURES PERU is a young company that aims to innovate this tourism market with new proposals for preparation and training for height while you are hiking in Peru. For better experience during your holidays in high altitude cities like Cusco, Arequipa, Puno, Bolivia or while you go to Machu Picchu hiking the Inca Trail, that is why the orientation and preparation project start to have the best Inca Trail Tour (1 day, 2 days, Classic 4 Days and 5 Days).
Training for hiking beginner start with few hours hike at 3500 meters or 11500 feets above sea level with a short hike. Our coach with many years of experience will guide you, and prepare you physically and emotionally to have an unforgettable experience during your vacation in our city and of course in your Machu Picchu hiking tours.
No more frustrated adventures by sickness altitude in Peru.
Our coach recommend a proper preparation if tourists choose to do the trekking, hiking tours or adventure tours. These tours can be Inca Trail options, Salkantay Trek, Lares Trek, Raimbow Mountain trek, Chokequirao Trek and Machu Picchu Hikes. Also is recommend for other trips where people have to climb to heights above 4200 meters or 11800 feets above sea level.
It is very important to take some preparation before starting your adventure tour because could be very risky to go without the proper preparation so Our company offers this alternative for your safety. Our preparation consists in 6 hours with an adequate training for these mountain hiking or trekking tours activities, Our trainers are also mountain guides and trekking tour guides on these trekking routes to Machu Picchu.
Altitude Training Program
Our proposal tries to evaluate initially what are the daily activities of our clients to choose the best option in their preparation, then You will continue contacting Your doctor to prescribe the ideal medication to take in few days before to arrive to high altitude cities like Cusco or high cities where you will start your vacations, and continue with the acclimatization process for Peru Machu Picchu hike.
Take Diamox. In the US, Diamox is a medication used to treat glaucoma; however, it can also treat altitude sickness.
It is necessary to take it 24 hours before arriving in Cusco, (after consulting your doctor) however, a side effect of the drug is that you probably have to urinate more often. It is not very practical when you are traveling.
Another medicine recommended for altitude sickness and that you can find in any pharmacy in Peru is Sorojchi Pills (you can get them without a prescription).
Kenko Adventures Altitude Training program
- Our preparatory course for height begins with the pick up of our clients from their hotel in the city of Cusco then we will drive to a small hiking trail that is near the Sacred Valley of the Incas with a height of 3500 meters or 11500 feets above the sea level where We Will have an impressive view of the mountains of the Peruvian Andes where our preparation began.
- First, our guide will give you a small talk about what are the first steps to follow, to start it is highly recommended to bring enough water because it will be the only thing that can help us directly in this acclimatization process.
- Our guide will initiate the walk with the group and the first thing will be to get the pace of the walk and the rhythm of breathing of all of Our clients, and we will help you with some breathing techniques because it is very important the process of oxygenation of the body over 3000 meters or 10000 feets above sea level.
- After a few minutes, our instructors will teach Us how to consume the water that we carry because it is not equal to taking 3 liters of water in 2 hours, to drink 3 liters of water in 7 hours that is very important so, as well as taking the rhythm of the walk will also learn to consume the water to give better benefit to the body because the water also contains oxygen that should be used appropriately for greater venality.
- We will take small breaks to guide our visitors to know how to use the oxygen tank for emergencies since it could occur at any time during Your vacations.
- During this preparation we will guide you to use the famous coca leaf, and the coca tee, muña tee or mint and other natural medicines that our region has for this altitude sickness. (local medicine)
- We will apply a local medicine that we have, which is very efficient for this height problem which we call AGUA DE FLORIDA (Aromatic Flowers Infusion)that is the ferment of many flowers, aromatic orchids, and medicinal herbs in alcohol which should only be aspired and retain the aroma, this works almost instantaneously since it is now widely used by tourist guides and some visitors who already know of its existence.
- We will guide each of our clients how to ascend in the case of steps such as the Inca Trail and how to descend in steps as well as very steep descents and climbs to keep the knees very stable as they have the most frequent problem that arise on the trekking routes. (very important to use trekking poles).
- Each of the participants will learn to use the trekking poles. Especially for those preparing for long walks like the 4 day Inca trail, Salkantay Trek, Lares Trek, Chokequirao trek and others
- Our clients will be oriented to how to use a trekking backpack and all the benefits that this could give if you know how to use it properly this point is very important for those who choose to make the trekking routes for more than 2 days.
- Finally the hike finished for approximately 4 hours through the sacred valley of the Incas, already oriented and prepared for the height.
- We will return to the city of Cusco and our service will culminate in your hotel in charge of our transfer.
What Is Included On Inca Trail Altitude Training
- Professional Training for Altitude.
- Experienced and english speaker Coach.
- Pick up from your hotel (has to be locate in Cusco center).
- Round trip transportation service.
- Hiking poles.
- Oxygen tank
- Local Medicine.
- Beautiful hiking Trail next to Andes Mountains.
- Coca Tea
Altitude Training Program Price
- KENKO ADVENTURES PERU IS THE ONLY ONE COMPANY WHO OFFER THIS TRAINING SERVICE
- You Can Open this Training Service with 2 people minimum.
- Altitude Training Service Price Is 75 USD per Person.
- We Have Availabilities for Altitude Training Service all Time.